Thursday, September 24, 2015

What Are You Working On … A.M. Willard?

For something different, today we're going for a bit of romance from author, A.M. Willard.
A.M. Willard is a true believer of soul mates, and happy ever afters. She enjoys reading, sailing, and of course writing contemporary romance with some saucy scenes. Releasing her first novella of the One Night Series on April 12, 2014 has sent her on a new journey in life. A.M.’s passion for writing started at a young age, but with the love and support from her husband of eighteen years pushed her to follow her dreams. Once she hit that first publish button, she hasn’t looked back.

Publications available from A.M. Willard include the Chances Series, Love on the Screen, and everyone’s favorite, the One Night Series. She’s also had an article published in the Writer’s Monthly Review Magazine and was just accepted into the Romance Writers of America organization in May of 2015.

A.M. Willard was born and raised in the Panhandle of Florida, but resides in Savannah, GA with her husband, son, two cats, one rotten dog, and her six chickens. Yes, we said chickens…

You can connect with A.M. Willard on her website at 
www.amwillard.com or subscribe to her newsletter for the latest releases, teasers, and sale alerts: http://eepurl.com/bb-Cd1

*****


What am I working on? That seems to be a loaded question these days as I just released Fading Memories and am gearing up for my next series. Once I finished Fading Memories, I was ready to dive into the third installment of The Chances Series. The funny thing was as soon as I opened up the manuscript, Frosted Sweets won the battle. In the end my focus shifted towards the new series, A Taste of Love. Soon we will have Frosted Sweets volume one of A Taste of Love Series.

In this series, I went a little nontraditional. What’s that mean? It means this. Readers are used to having a series that can either leave you with a cliffhanger, or each book can be read as a standalone. That’s not the case with Frosted Sweets. I wanted to produce a series that takes you on a journey of love, friendship, and all the beautiful things that happen in life. That could be marriage, babies, heartache, career changes, and much more. I thought long and hard about how I was going to produce these, and, of course, the first battle of will from those characters won. 

I’m pretty excited to produce this as the first installment is set to release in early December. It’s going to be a twist of contemporary romance vs. chick lit. Oh and let’s not forget about a nice dose of comedy.

After writing Fading Memories, which released back on the 12th of September, I needed something lighthearted, and fun to separate the inspirational romance. The fun fact of this is that I love being able to cross into the different genres of romance. It’s a balance of desires. One moment you can finish a heartwarming romance about grief, then bounce back to the fun-loving characters full of laughter and love. 

Stay tuned for more on what’s to come in A Taste of Love Series, and always you can you follow me on my blog for the latest in all things A.M.

No comments: